The “bamboo cathedral”, nicknamed for its sweeping lines and cavernous interiors, is complete and fully operational. It is considered the world’s largest commercial bamboo structure. It houses our offices, event center, retail space, commercial kitchen, chocolate and coconut nectar factory, production facilities and our warehouse. It is a marvel of architecture, construction and art, none of which would exist if not for the extremely gifted and talented crew of traditional bamboo builders that help to realize this masterpiece so that one of our focus (outside production) to provide the knowledgeable factory tour for everyone whom really want to know more how to make chocolate, cacao butter, paste and powder from the beans and of course the way how we make the coconut sugar nectar moreover about the architecture.
The cathedral/factory holds many classes and hosts local events – a must-stop destination for any foodie visiting the area, and a must-see for anyone intrigued by building structure. Big Tree Farms is currently the largest commercial structure made of bamboo in the world.
- Big Tree Farms is the biggest organic certified fair trade of coconut sugar exporter in Indonesia
- Big Tree Farms is the global pioneer of coconut sugar, having introduced the world’s first certified coconut sugar in 2008 and the first Certified Fair Trade coconut sugar in 2014.
- Big Tree Farms became the first company in the world to produce a truly raw cold processed organic cacao powder and butter.
- Big Tree Farms operates what we call sustainable supply chains on more than 10 islands across Indonesia’s archipelago of 17,000 islands and atolls.
- In 2008, what was a supply chain built on 350 farmers, has now blossomed into the world’s largest and most sustainable coconut supply chain, impacting over 14,000 organic farmers